What you will do
Programming of panels, installs appropriate devices, dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by the commercial customer or the company.
How you will do it
What we look for
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or the Company.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May work with other installers who are dedicated to a large Commercial and/or National Accounts project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools. Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- Valid driver's license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some technical school training desired.
- 6-12 months apprenticeship/class room study or 2 to 4 years field electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude of fire alarm systems.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com