Electronic Technician What you will do
What we look for Required:
- Proficient at Directing Installation Teams in maintaining, repairing, installing Access Control, Intrusion, Nurse Call, PA/Intercom, CCTV systems and other related building systems products in medium to large projects.
- Proficient at coordinating system installations with other trades and of testing processes.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Read interpret and execute to established project schedules and milestones.
- Overtime may be required during busy project schedules.
- 5-10 years of experience in Fire Alarm or Integrated Security System Installation.
- Software House CCURE 800 and 9000 Certified.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- State of Texas Security License
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Pass criminal background check and drug test.
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs, unaided by management.
- Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Self-starter needed that can work with minimum supervision.
Who we are
- Networking and computer programming skills desired.
- NICET certification Level II or higher in Fire Alarm and/or Video Security Systems.
- Computer network experience.
- Electrical Installation experience.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.