At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Apply a high level of technical training, experience, judgment, and memory
- Debug complex electronic systems to meet reliability and performance objectives
- Serve as an information source for less experienced technicians working on similar assignments and/or technologies
- Assist engineering and/or supervision on technical assignments or problem follow-up
- Use standard or special test equipment for procedures for optimum checkout techniques
- Suggest modifications to electrical or mechanical assemblies or systems
- Troubleshoot and replace faulty or suspect faulty components in accomplishing correct performance
- Re-image computers, trouble shoot, repair of CPU's
- Utilize and analyze complex schematics and specifications
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working rotating shifts
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree or diploma in an electronics field
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree or diploma in an electronics field AND minimum two (2) years experience in an electronics field
- Previous experience in analog and digital logic, test equipment, power supplies, microprocessors, PLD's, CPU's, and memory devices
- Proficient in the assembly and troubleshooting of equipment which includes but is not limited to: Spectrum Analyzers, Analog and Digital Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Frequency Counter, Generators, Measurement Devices, etc.
New Ulm, MN Relocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $ 30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.