Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Components Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Electronic Tool Interface Leader. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Qualifications: Manage Execution
- Applies very strong knowledge to manage single discipline staff engaged in various engineering projects and assignments. This may include one or more of the following: Developing the electrical and electronics specifications. Designing electrical and electronic systems and components. Analyzing and simulating electrical and electronic capabilities. Implementing and generating software. Verifying and validating controls, hardware, or software. Tuning controls. Releasing controls, hardware, or software. Troubleshooting controls, hardware, or software issues. Servicing and maintaining controls, hardware, or software. Managing life-cycle obsolescence, Design and Analysis of Electric Generators/Alternators and motors, Electrical Circuit Design, Performance simulation of Electrical Power Systems
- Electrical and Electronics includes all electrical and electronic elements within the system: Open and closed loop controls. Diagnostics and OBD.
Algorithms. Electronic control modules and related microcontroller architectures. Electrical and Electronic devices. Embedded software.
Sensors and switches. Actuators, mechatronics, electric motors, alternators/generators, and relays. Ignition systems. Battery systems. Electrical and Electronic tools and information products. Electrical and Electronic tool interfaces. Interconnects and harnesses. Datalinks and communication networks.
- Machine electronics interfaces. Typical roles include: Electrical and Electronics systems, Hardware, Software, Controls and diagnostics design and Electronic controls application.
- Leads a medium size technical group and works under broad direction.
Establishes employee performance standards; works collaboratively to set goals and to address areas of deficiency.
- Influences business-area leadership decisions.
- Manages financial controls and risk, ensuring operations are executed within established budget.
- Identifies issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Formulates employee and department development plans for transferring technical knowledge.
- Coaches and motivates employees; provides guidance and direction on resolving problems and issues.
- Delegates and assigns work, considering employee skills and development needs.
- Advises leaders regarding the identification and resolution of complex problems.
- Works with employees to establish their individual development and career plans.
- Assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of managing execution. Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows. Applies a broad range of planning and monitoring tools. Defines planning and review practices that result in few missed milestones and minimal surprises. Effectively delegates to ensure completion of complex projects and work. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met. Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring. Skills and Experience Required:
Ten or more years experience in a similar discipline expected. Previous manager experience required.
- Lead global Electronic Tool Interface Team: Establish work plans; Talent Management; Coordinate delivery of team members to meet customer needs on global scale
- Define Architecture of Electronic Tool Interfaces for communication between Engineering, Manufacturing and Service tools to all Cummins electronic products
- Responsible for Tool Interface Forum including review and approval of new tool interface features
- Lead development of quote responses for requests pertaining to changes in Electronic Tool Interfaces
- Develop technical expertise by creating and providing training to developers of Base Software and Electronic Tool software
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Experience implementing standard protocols and also architecting custom protocols to meet global customer base.
- Technical knowledge of CAN automotive networks, Unified Diagnostics Services (UDS), SAE J1939, ASAM Extended CAN Protocol (XCP), GMLAN, FNOS.
- Hands on experience using automotive datalink tools: CANAlyzer, CANoe, Softing Diagnostic Tools, CANape, INCA, Visio.
- Experience in Automotive Metadata like Open Diagnostic Data Exchange (UDX), ASAM MCD-2 MC (A2L).
College, University, or equivalent degree in Engineering required. Advanced degree or extended specific training are preferred. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.