Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Senior Controls Calibration Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.Qualifications: Experience
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. Five or more years experience in a similar discipline.
- Conduct deep dive sessions in advance of the product milestone reviews in order to assess products' readiness for the development phase to ensure an on-time release of the Calibration.
- Work cross-functionally to troubleshoot issues through thorough system level analysis and in-vehicle testing and subsequently devise and implement affective resolutions.
- Create comprehensive tuning guides and functional test plans for tuning exercises and product validations in order to ensure the product behaves as specified and will perform reliably in the field.
- Serve as a key interface to the entire development team and provide input ranging from design to product performance.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers.
Education, Licenses, Certifications and Experience:
- Project management skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work interdependently with cross-functional teams
- Strong Matlab/Simulink skills
- Controls Theory
- Demonstrated Machine Performance Analysis and research skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong system validation and verification skills, software & hardware.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelors or Masters of Science Degree in Engineering (ME, EE or Mechatronics preferred) required
- Requirement management is a plus
- Hands-on vehicle experience is a plus
- 5 years of experience.
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.