Eaton’s Lighting Division within the Electrical Group is seeking an Electronics Engineering Technician. The Electronics Engineering Technician will be based at our Vicksburg, MS facility.
The Electronics Engineering Technician will be responsible for servicing electrical LED light systems through creating, reviewing, and updating wiring diagrams. As well as assisting Project Sustaining Engineers with implementation of new LED technology by providing electrical assistance with wiring and controls. Communicating and assisting our Divisional Electrical Design team with technical support as well as testing will also be a key area. This position will also need leadership skills to supervise a small assembly team to produce low volume, high complexity light fixtures and controls.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Analyzes test data and recognize deviation from acceptable values
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Takes ownership of an assigned task and see it through to a successful completion
- Responsible to meet annual goals set forth by Management (utilizations, work completions, etc.)
- Performs other duties as required
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 1 years of electronic experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within 50 miles of Vicksburg, MS will be considered
- 3-5 years of electronics experience
- Strong Mechanical Background.
- Experience with fabrication, sheet metal and the manufacturing industry.
- CAD or other 3D modeling program experience
- Ability to read schematics drawings and company technical publications
- Ability to read electrical drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and
- microprocessor controls and programming
- Understand how to use Oscilloscope
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is appropriate to use insulated tools
- Understand need for safety, and comply with company and customer rules on safety
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills, attentive to details, and a focus on customer satisfaction
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.