Electronics Field Service Technician What you will do
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as an Installation and Service Technician. As a key part of the team, the Installation and Service Technician works in retail stores to install and repair electronic article surveillance and closed circuit television equipment
• Install, service, troubleshoot, repair, and perform maintenance on retail products and equipment at customer sites.
• Keep track of your service calls via computer, including closing out calls once the customer is satisfied.
• Maintain a parts inventory.
• Teach customers how to use their equipment properly.
• Keep your manager in the loop about your customer's satisfaction, any potential sales opportunities or any recurring problems.
• Use a computer to receive and prioritize work orders, with supervision from your manager when necessary.
• Take care of other tasks as needed What we look for Required:
Who we are
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years Associates degree in Electronics and/or Networking, or technical military equivalent required.
- General knowledge of electronics required.
- Willing to obtain an Oklahoma State Technicians License within the first 3 months
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and be able to use hand and power tools.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Must be capable of working independently or as a team
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.