Electronics Inspector -Security Systems What you will do
The basic function of this position is to perform routine inspection, testing and preventative maintenance of Tyco Safety (SimplexGrinnell) product line, as well as, similar competitive product line inspections. Work with minimal supervision and provide specialized training and direction to less senior inspectors and trainees. Fire Alarm Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. How you will do it
Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment. - Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. - Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. - Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer. - Make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision. - Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees. What we look for Required
Who we are
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years field experience in fire alarm systems
- Must be able to obtain a NICET Level II in Inspection & Testing of Fire Alarm Systems within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Functional knowledge of various fire alarm systems and test equipment.
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment, such as multimeters, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices, is required.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Must adhere to and follow safety guidelines and policies at all times.
- Excellent "Customer Service Skills".
- Good written and oral communication skills and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to stand, or climb stairs and ladders for a long period of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of forty (40) pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Knowledge of CCTV, security, nurse call and other life safety systems a plus.
- Maintain all SimplexGrinnell manuals, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and policies and in a professional manner.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.