Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Electronics Technician - SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
- Perform installation, programming and commissioning of electronic fire alarm systems, access control, CCTV, nurse call and other related building system products at new constructions sites and customer sites. Installation of low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of SimplexGrinnell equipment. To include, but not limited to, pulling wire, cable, installation of conduit, terminal cans and devices, programming and commissioning system.
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications.
- Provide guidance and direction to installation trainees.
- Coordination of installation activities with other trades on job site
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/system programs, schematics and operational product manuals, NEC and NFPA compliance and standards and AHJ requirements.
- Must be able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to forty (40) feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Maintain professional and timely communication with customers to assure problem resolution.
- Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
- Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail with the ability to communicate with employees, employers, and customers.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Properly secure all SG tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
- Complete and submit time reports and other documents as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SG work. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
- Comply with corporate safety programs. Ensure that safety training is thorough, complete, and up-to-date. Identify safety issues and hazards and notify safety coordinator/supervisor of conditions that require corrective actions.
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Who we're looking for: :
- Must have five (5) years experience in Fire Alarm installation/CCTV/Access Control. (Nurse Call, a plus)
- Must have Oklahoma Unlimited Fire Alarm /CCTV/Access Control Licenses (Nurse Call, a plus)
- NICET II certification or higher preferred
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License with good driving record
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be customer service oriented
- Ability to work with minor supervision
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have dependable transportation
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.