An Electronics Technician job in Portland, Oregon is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technical. Qualified candidates must have two or more years' experience with circuit board assembly, inspection Bills Of Materials (BOM), Electrical Schematics, and manual soldering. The person in this role will perform a variety of complex and intricate assembly operations involving operations and equipment as well as set up and operation of automated equipment and manual assembly equipment. This is a contract-to-hire
Electronics Technician job responsibilities include:
- Perform complex assembly on engineering and prototype builds with limited documentation and limited supervision
- Work independently, troubleshoot and solve problems with limited direction
- Set up and operate automated equipment and manual assembly equipment
- Quickly and efficiently set up workstations and prep multiple assembly lines for next shop order. Primary goal being to maximize machine and station efficiencies
- Responsible for first-level trouble-shooting, equipment recoveries and repairs that are commensurate with applicant's level of expertise, training, and latitude provided by Process Engineering
- Responsible for routine maintenance and monitoring performance of our tools and systems.
- Work under minimal direction and exercise judgment. Make routine recommendations to resolve technical issues
- Perform inspection work, and assist and train lower level assemblers.
- Follow production work instructions and sample assemblies, and receive verbal or written instructions regarding duties to be performed. Read production schedules, BOMs, Electrical Schematics, blueprints and assembly diagrams
- Maintain accurate records, and be responsible for quality charting, prioritization, analyzing and interpreting data tracking, and running reports through our automated Manufacturing Execution System for continuous improvement and tracking of factory deliverables
- Assembly on a variety of subassemblies where operation and sequences are specified by client's Manufacturing Execution System in a production area and prototype assembly, small hand or power tools, machines, etc.
- Notify management of any conditions felt as being undesirable or nonconforming to product specification and any procedures that cannot be performed as documented
- Provide written and verbal summaries of process, design, and component issues encountered during assembly
- Two plus years of experience with circuit board assembly, inspection Bills Of Materials (BOM), Electrical Schematics, manual soldering
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Associate's degree preferred
- Expertise in complex assembly or production skills and advanced knowledge of the accepted practices, operating methods, policies and procedures within the assembly production function
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and documentation
- Ability to independently make important decisions regarding escalation or troubleshooting issues on factory floor
- Soldering skills (certificate desirable)
- Proficient in the application of IPC-A-610, Acceptance of Electronic Assemblies, workmanship standards
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications such as MS Windows
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn to navigate in specific computer applications
- Must possess a high degree of dexterity and eye coordination, to allow manipulation of buttons, switches, hand tools and knobs on delicate equipment, products and parts, in the performance of essential functions
- Must possess specific vision abilities required including close vision and distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to Lift 20 pounds required
If you are interested in this Electronics Technician job opportunity in Portland, OR then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Carol Heard at (503) 535-2588 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.