Electronics Technician C (Job Number: 024117)
Fort Wayne IN - 923 Northcrest Business Ctr.
923 Northcrest Business Ctr Suite 6D
FORT WAYNE 46805
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, installing and repairing computer systems, electronic equipment, hardware and computer peripherals, and networking products in Walgreen's facilities. Works under immediate supervision. Job Responsibilities
- Installs and repairs equipment and computer systems in new and remodeled Walgreen's facilities.
- Performs maintenance on electronic equipment at file locations applying basic repair techniques and relying on service manual instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform repairs.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots electronic equipment, computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals and networking products to determine the root cause and to follow-up with the appropriate repair.
- Responds to request for emergency repairs and follows through with timely service.
- Ensures the completion of associated paperwork and records, including trouble tickets, mileage logs and time logs.
- Initiates requests for required equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Participates in entry-level training program, including orientation to computer peripherals used at Walgreens.
- Maintains care and appearance of work stations, and Company vehicles and equipment.
- Develops good working relationships with repair team employees.
- Performs general bench work in-shop to include assisting with more complex repairs, and completing basic repairs as required.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Associate's Degree in Electronic Repair OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in field service and bench repair.
- Validate Driver's License in the State worked in.
- Available to work rotating weekends, after hours, and holidays to accommodate on-call responsibilities.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in an electronic repair specialty within the U.S. Armed forces.
- Experience with a company with sales in excess of $1 billion.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.