Embedded and IoT Application Engineer - Round Rock, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 08, 2017
Reference ID: 160012AM
*Embedded and IoT Application Engineer – Round Rock, TX*
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an*Embedded and IoT Application Engineer*to join our team in*Round Rock, TX*. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
For more than 15 years, Dell Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Solutions has helped customers in several key vertical markets accelerate time to market with their intellectual property (IP) with customizable Tier-1 OEM technologies developed by our dedicated team of experts.
This position will interface with OEM field sales and customers to provide deep technical information required to help develop their embedded and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and port their applications to Dell products. This position will also assist in the creation of proof of concept designs around the Dell Embedded and IoT Gateway product roadmaps.
**Periodic travel will be required up to maximum of 10% of the time**
Find out more about the OEM team and our IoT and Embedded products at the following links:
- BS in CS/CE/EE or related field required.
- At least 5 years of experience in hardware, software, solution development or similar AE role.
- Strong understanding of operating systems with the ability to create custom deployment images – Microsoft required; Linux a plus
- Familiarity with multiple scripting languages
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug customer solutions
- Prior experience in Embedded or IoT verticals
- Driver development experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of BIOS configuration options
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; experience communicating directly with customers is a plus.
- Team player and also able to work independently to deliver results
- The ability to impart knowledge and experience to other team members and negotiate positively with external teams
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
*Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Engineering - Systems Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Embedded and IoT Application Engineer - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160012AM*