Johnson Controls is a leading provider of building and equipment controls. We are looking for an entry level Firmware Engineering Intern to aid in support of our development team. He/she will work closely with the Engineering team in detailing and documenting the designs used in our products. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
Assist product developers and project managers in the development of new building automation products, specific activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and setup of software build environments and configuration management systems
- Setting up lab environments for product test
- Creating product test plans and executing them
- Create internal tools to enhance team productivity
- May do some production level code development based on skills and experience
Verify product integration with existing building automation systems
Investigate software and tools for improving current processes.Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Bachelors program majoring in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Able to work at least 12 hours per week when school is in session and full time during semester breaks.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with emphasis on flexibility in adapting to changes as a result of refinements.
- Have an understanding of the unique considerations of an embedded system and how it relates to operating systems.
- Have knowledge of one of the following protocols: spi, i2c, modbus, or RS-232/RS-485.
- Have a strong desire to learn about the building, maintenance, and deployment of embedded Linux devices.
- Have experience with C/C++ as well as some exposure to Python.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Quick learner and be able to handle complex problems related to firmware and its interaction with the hardware.
- Have a strong passion for learning, investigating, and adopting new software and tools
- Participation in Open Source software projects, particularly with Linux or Embedded Systems, is desired
- GitHub experience and knowledge is desired
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.