GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcareprovides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Embedded Software Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The CT Firmware Team is looking for a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer interested in being a part of a global team developing the real-time control software for industry-leading Computed Tomography (CT) Scanners. An Embedded Software Engineer will be a part of the team working on implementing real-time control software on cutting edge embedded platforms and RTOS for the next generation CT scanner using C/C++ programming languages and model-based development tools.
• Design, implement and test CT firmware subsystems, in collaboration with the system design team and hardware engineers, utilizing the CT hardware and embedded software technologies.
• Follow modern software practices and methodologies, adopt and improve software development infrastructure components for increased development efficiency and quality
• Collaborate with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
• Leverage DFR for software, Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with embedded software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience in object oriented design methodology and programming languages, including C/C++ or Java
• Hands-on experience in embedded software platform and application development
• Hands-on experience in VxWorks 6.x development and debugging
• Hands-on experience with Linux development environment and Clearcase
• Understanding of UML language, experience with IBM Rational Rhapsody UML
• Hands-on experience developing software for complex systems in regulated industry (medical, automotive, aviation)
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.