Embedded Software Engineer Job Description
Our team delivers a broad range of Software and real-time OS for Intel's mobile phone and tablet platforms with IA and ARM cores. We are looking for Embedded Software Engineers with a good understanding of hardware/software interfaces, mobile communications systems, and profound experience in working on complex technical projects with various stakeholders and contributors in a fast-paced environment.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for SW design, development, debugging, and testing of issues, and interfacing with customers as needed, on one or more of the following multi-disciplinary domains:
- Low level drivers for board support package, boot, security, and core drivers
- Audio driver and audio DSP firmware design & development for modem/embedded systems
- Audio framework & HAL design & development
- Low Level Drivers, Clocks, Voltages and Power Levels in Silicon Preferably in the area of Wireless Systems, and Embedded Systems HW IA/ARM Cores, Memory, Peripherals, DMA, cache, MMU, etc.
- IP Multimedia System IMS and Voice over LTE VoLTE functionality
- Embedded Audio systems, drivers, speech codecs, Jitter Buffer, and assembly language programming on Audio DSPs.
- Multi-Core device driver/software development on ARMAs
- Contribution to SW specification and effort analysis
- Design, implement, integrate, document and test the optimization of SW for performance and size
- Analyze and fix of software defects
Required Skills/Experience Bachelors/Master degree in a programming discipline, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, etc ) 5 years of experience in SW Development 3 years of experience in Assembly, C or C Programming, especially in developing embedded Multi-Core or Multi-Threaded Software 3 years of experience with Real-Time System Designs 3 years of User level Experience with Lauterbach or similar Debugging on HW years of experience in using Emulators, Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Test Equipment and other such infrastructure for Embedded Systems 3 years of experience in software methodologies and tools. An overall understanding of software development life cycle SDLC 3 years of experience in strong understanding of typical audio issues in mobile communication systems and skill to analyze and debug them 3 years of experience in strong understanding of software development on embedded real-time systems Preferred Skills/Experience Prior experience following and driving Software Architecture topics for complex SW systems Cellular Modem Development experience with GSM, UMTS, LTE technologies IMS/VoLTE development experience 3GPP, IETF, IR.92, IR.94 and operators certification support Experience in Java and Eclipse, and scripting languages Python, Perl, etc Familiarity with Remote Procedure Calls implementation and debugging, Android Radio Interface Layer RIL or Hardware Adaptation Layer HAL Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD and other Lean and Agile MethodologiesInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.Other Locations
US, California, Santa Clara Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.