Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer It Division St. Louis, MO
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an embedded software (firmware) engineer to work as part of the Rack Systems design team in our O'Fallon office. Responsibilities include the design, implementation, and debug of firmware for embedded platforms. Development will be performed using C code or other languages while working with IC emulators and command-line development tools. Occasional travel may be required.
We create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Qualifications: Do you have these key experiences and qualifications?
- Bachelors of Science or Masters of Science in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- At least 5 years embedded software/firmware development experience
- Experience with C programming language
- Creative problem solving skills and diagnostic abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team development environment
- Expertise with Linux operating system
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
- Experience with x86 Intel and ARM processors and associated development tools
- Experience with firmware development using an RTOS
- Experience with writing drivers and other low level code interfacing directly with hardware
- Experience with the use of oscilloscopes and other hardware debugging techniques
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.