The Embedded Software Test Engineer will be responsible for the development, test, and integration efforts of assigned software and hardware associated activities with the In-flight Entertainment and Communication (IFEC) systems.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES Hardware and software integration testing of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Hardware and Software Development Engineering groups and partnering vendors.
• Participate in the integration and regression testing of embedded software and system functionality.
• Develop test plans and procedures and ensure test results are documented and submitted.
• Coordinate assigned activities for systems development, integration, test, and software/hardware release.
• Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation. • Participate in the design and development of related IFEC system functionality. • Assist and support all engineering efforts company-wide as required. Troubleshoot problems reported for Panasonic Avionics IFEC products.
• Responsible for problem investigation of assigned equipment and systems.
• Troubleshoot and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
• Demonstrate technical leadership when investigating problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
BS in Electrical Engineering, computer science or related degree.
>4 overall years of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
A strong technical background and experience in software/system testing and software/system development lifecycle.
Experienced and knowledgeable in development and/or testing practices and methodologies of embedded software.
>2 years of experienced in the development and/or testing of MPEG standards to include MPEG 1, 2, 3, & H.264/MPEG-4. Familiar with video streaming and Video players.
> 2 years of experience working with Linux OS.
Minimum 3 years of experience in systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is required.
Excellent writing and strong communication skills with ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
Knowledge of wireless Access Point (WAP) concepts and technology a plus.
Experience with aircraft engineering or avionics industry is a plus.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) and /or Avionics industry related industry experience is a plus.
Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Majority of time spent in a test lab environment (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1700215
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.