Embedded Tools Software Engineer Job Description
The Embedded Tools Software Engineer position is a multidisciplinary development, test, infrastructure, integration, and collaborative role. The position supports the FPGA ecosystems at Intel PSG Programmable Solutions Group, which includes 2 major product lines: Nios2EDS and SoCEDS.
- Nios2EDS is PSG's Embedded Development Suite for our reconfigurable processor called Nios2 and an assortment of tools needed for creating and programming reconfigurable systems on the FPGA.
- SoCEDS is PSG's SoC suite for fixed processors collocated on the same package as our FPGAs.
For both product lines, we are responsible for tools which accelerate customer flows to create, debug, secure, and deploy their software and hardware solutions. This team utilizes a variety of languages including C/C , Java, TCL, Makefile, and other scripting languages.
Our responsibilities include supporting internally created tools, compiler toolchains, integrating with 3rd party software, tools for baremetal / RTOS / Linux software for running on these systems, and systems testing infrastructure.
This position has a wide range of challenging and diverse work to fit candidate interests.The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written in English.
- Enjoys working in team oriented environment.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Minimum 1 year of experience in the following areas:
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- At a Bachelor's level, the candidate must have unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- C/C development.
- High level scripting languages e.g. Python, Ruby, TCL.
- Makefile and shell scripting.
Inside this Business Group
- Embedded software experience.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix development environments.
- Working knowledge of revision control systems.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.