The IBM Global Competency Leader role is a blended role - half IBM Technology Support Services chief technologist for EMC Storage and half global team leader for the global pool of top technical multivendor enterprise storage talent that IBM Technology Support Services has assembled worldwide in order to provide our most advanced level of support to our clients, our field engineers, and our geography-based tier 1 remote technical support teams who may sit in any of the 209 countries where IBM currently does business. This role will handle the most complex client escalations, develop and deliver training roadmaps, and lead cross functional global projects to enable new technology support services capabilities. Job Responsibilities:
- Leads a global, virtual "follow the sun" remote technical support team staffed with IBM's top global talent pool of certified enterprise storage technical specialists
- Provides guidance to tier 1 and field delivery teams to help enable local service elements that "plug-in" to the global support model as their single, global escalation point for access to IBM's deepest competency based skill for multivendor storage
- Manages our OEM lab assets and drives our capital planning process to ensure that all personnel have access to the right suite of lab assets to re-create errors and solution client problems
- Establishes and maintains quality processes and procedures for follow-the-sun technical queue to ensure that all responsiveness, quality, and client satisfaction targets are met or exceeded
- Monitors and manages critical situations and ensure that RCAs are performed and acted upon in the event of any service failures
- Manages global metrics review process across all geographies for multivendor storage
- Consults with IBM Sales & Offerings teams worldwide on our delivery capabilities and provides feedback on any investments in resource, training, or equipment that may be necessary in order to grow our capabilities and win new business.
- Develop and deliver EMC storage education as needed to address skill gaps with team members
- Develop and maintain service delivery process documentation
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.