Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation. We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more.... Registered Nurse (RN) Unit: Emergency Room - ER - ED - Emergency Services Shifts: PRN (As Needed), Mid Shift (12hrs) Shift start of 11am or later Job Description:
Utilizing the standards set forth for Nursing Practice by the ANA, and ENA, the Emergency Room Registered Nurse
will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for Emergency Department and fast track neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
• It will include individualized, family centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care.
• Utilized therapeutic communication in daily practice.
• Treat all patients and families with dignity, respect, and appreciations of their lifestyles, language, religion, and culture.
• Provide supervision of new employees, nurse technicians, student nurses' or nurse interns.
• Support and promote an environment that is conducive to quality Customer Service.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.Qualifications: Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing. High School graduate or GED required.
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider & SAMA required.
- Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course, TNCC & PALS within 6 months of hire will be required. CEN, preferred.
- Hospital/Inpatient Acute Care experience within the last 2 years required.
- Two years of Emergency Department experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format. Flexibility to intervene on a moment's notice. Ability to problem-solve, and seek assistance from team members when necessary.
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom