As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists. Emergency Department:
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Level 2 Trauma Center
- 50 Bed ED
- Dedicated 10 Bed Pediatric ED
- Separate 5 Bed Psych ED
- 2 Helipads - Rooftop Helipad is Largest in the State
- Chest Pain and Stroke Accredited
- Dedicated Point of Care Testing
- Through direct care, observation, and communication with the patient, collects and documents patient admission and shift behavioral and physical clinical data and observations.
- Provides appropriate information to assist RN with admission and shift RN assessments.
- Performs vital signs, BP's and accu-checks. Assists with treatments or procedures within documented level of competency.
- Provides behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions.
- Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff. Completes routine and special safety checks.
- Actively participates in quality management activities by timely reporting of staff, family, visitor or quality concerns.
- Provides secretarial duties as assigned.
Previous, successful student or employment experience in an adult, geriatric, or child/adolescent behavioral health setting or a related human service setting.
Previous, successful employment experience in an acute care adult, geriatric or child/adolescent behavioral health setting. EDUCATION
High School Diploma or GED
For adult or child/adolescent core assignment: 2 years college education, or equivalent post high school course work, in a human service related field. LICENSURE
For geriatric core assignment: Licensed as a CNA in state of Virginia
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom