25 Bed ED (Peds and Adult). Serve patients in accordance with guidelines established to include the treatment, management, and diagnostic evaluation of all populations. Patient population includes neonate/infant, child/pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
Full Time ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the developmental level of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Georgia RN License
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS required
- PALS required
- TNCC within one year
- ENPC preferred
- CEN and/or CPEN preferred
- Arrhythmia recognition course within 6 months (if not documented in previous experience)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Acute care experience preferred
- Critical or emergent care experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom