Position Title: Emergency Room Nurse Night Shift
Hospital : The Medical Center of Aurora
** Lateran Award Winning ED by the ENA association
• A mixed staff of over 120 people who are dedicated to the
care of the patients we serve in the Aurora community
• Staff is a mix of RNs, Paramedics, EMT, HUS, MD, PA, and NPs
that care for our patients 24/7
• Level II Trauma Center
• Primary Stroke Center
• Accredited Chest Pain Center
• Specialized Pediatric Emergency Care Unit
• Treated 67,000 patients in 2016
• Triage 1,500 ambulances per month
• Average 192 patients per day
• Admit 32 patients per day
• Approximately 19% of visits are trauma patients
• #1 chief complaint is abdominal pain, #2 is chest pain.
Interested in joining our team?
We are looking for people who are knowledgeable, open
minded, humble, driven, adaptable, caring, creative, crazy,
compassionate, organized, and who love to have fun.
If this sounds like you, you need to:
Complete your ACLS, TNCC, PALS, and ENPC.
We encourage our staff to obtain their Certified Emergency
Nurse Cert and be a member of the Emergency Nurse
If you have questions, please contact Barbara Lowell , Sr. Nurse Recruiter , 303-720-8262
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current Colorado licensure as an RN or compact License
- BCLS and ACLS through the AHA.
- TNCC, preferred but must obtain with 90 days of start date , Yes, Hospital does offer this class
- PALS required
- Minimum of one year current experience as a Registered Nurse in a fast paced Emergency Department .
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom