Generous Relocation Bonus / Sign on Bonus Position
: Emergency Room Nurse Night Shift Hospital
: Sky Ridge Medical Center Level 11 Trauma Center Location
: Lone Tree, on the southern edge of the Denver metro area
Our mission at Sky Ridge Medical Center is to provide patients, their families, and our community with extraordinary healthcare service; to ensure peace of mind through high quality, compassionate treatment; and to deliver care beyond our customers' expectations.
To deliver healthcare "Beyond Your Expectations", we will keep our role as guardians of our patients' health and safety our number one priority and work to inspire the trust and confidence of each other and all whom we serve.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
Current licensure as an RN
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Certification through AHA.
PALS and/or ENPC (on hire or within 6 months of hire)
TNCC (on hire or within 6 months of hire)
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom