Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. *Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the Emergency Department patient.
2. *Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
3. *Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
4. *Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
5. Displays competency in the charge nurse and triage roles by supervising the delivery of care.
6. *Demonstrates Leadership and Professionalism in nursing practice
7. *Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality
8. *Assesses, initiates, and evaluates education of patient/family, self and others
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending state board approval.
Preferred - One year experience in Emergency services.
Required - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred - BSN or enrolled in a bachelor of nursing program.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom