Capital Regional Medical Center
is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
To perform clerical and receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Capital Regional Medical Center. Provide quality care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Capital Regional Medical Center. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of intermediate patient care, to include vital signs, venipuncture, urinary catheterization, cardiac monitoring, and 12 lead EKG.
- Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients right to privacy and protection of patient's confidentiality.
- Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non-scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Code Grey).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalency required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- EMT-B certificate from State of Florida, Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, Medical Assistant or Military Medic/Corpsman training.
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Unit secretary skills preferred
- Cardiac monitoring preferred
- Read and writes Basic English
- Ability to use a computer and calculator
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom