We've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means you can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care you need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care-through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital-as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Level III Trauma
- 24 beds and 3 Fast Track beds
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
2. Gives direct, selected nursing care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
3. Assist in the smooth, efficient functioning of the nursing unit including transcription of medical orders, scheduling of procedures/testing, obtaining/maintaining supplies and equipment and general clerical duties including use of computer systems.
4. Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
5. Takes and records vital signs, weights and I&O.
6. Responsible for stocking rooms with supplies.
7. Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
8. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
9. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
10. Orients and mentors new staff members.
11. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.Qualifications:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associates Degree in a related field (preferred)
• High School Graduate or equivalent (required)
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
• At least 1 year of experience in an administrative, secretarial or clerical role
• 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting (preferred)
• Working knowledge of medical terminology
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
• Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom