Registered Nurse (RN) Manager Emergency Services, Full-time Aventura Hospital and Medical Center Aventura, FL
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA's East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for nine consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Job Description:
Reporting to the Director of Emergency Services, the Nurse Manager will assist with the overall management of the department's daily operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity and patient satisfaction goals and objectives. As a Level II Trauma Facility
, our Emergency Department
(ED) is equipped with 55 beds (Main ED, Fast Track Minor Care) to provide exceptional 24-hour emergency care for the patients we serve. We work closely with the county's EMS and Fire Crews and have Emergency Medicine Specialists on staff.
- Skill Mix: RNs, Paramedics, Mental Health Techs and Unit Coordinators
- Special Certifications Needed Upon Hire: ACLS, BLS, PALS
- Special Certifications Available: NIH Stroke and TNCC
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Experience in an acute care facility emergency setting. Will also consider past experience as Paramedic or Med Surg /Telemetry acute care RN experience.
- Complete computerized charting through the Meditech system with specialized ED modules.
- Primary Stroke Center with interventional stroke capabilities.
- STEMI receiving facility.
- Baker Act receiving facility
- FL RN Licensure or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Two (2) years related management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 or more years nursing experience in a busy Emergency Room
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's or Master's in Nursing or related field preferred
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, certifications required