Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA's East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer! Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
As a Level II Trauma Facility
, our Emergency Department
is equipped with 55 beds (Main ED, Fast Track Minor Care) to provide exceptional 24-hour emergency care for the patients we serve. We work closely with the county's EMS and Fire Crews and have Emergency Medicine Specialists on staff.
- Skill Mix: RNs, Paramedics, Mental Health Techs and Unit Coordinators
- Special Certifications Needed Upon Hire: ACLS, BLS, PALS
- Special Certifications Available: NIH Stroke and TNCC
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Experience in an acute care facility emergency setting. Will also consider past experience as Paramedic or Med Surg /Telemetry acute care RN experience.
- Complete computerized charting through the Meditech system with specialized ED modules.
- Primary Stroke Center with interventional stroke capabilities.
- STEMI receiving facility.
- Baker Act receiving facility. Duties: Assist with the operations and activities of the Emergency Department. Responsible for the overall management of the department's daily operations to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives established by upper management. The ED manager assists the Director in planning, directing and managing the department and staff to assure quality service on a 24 hour basis. The ED Manager is responsible for assisting with implementation of meeting JCAHO standards, complying with corporate policy and procedures, for managing supplies and equipment on the unit, for promoting teamwork with physicians and all health care providers, for promoting internal and external customer satisfaction and for appropriate resource management.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida
- Two (2) years related management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing . Bachelors or Masters in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Current BCLS and ACLS certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom