Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an Emerging Technology Architect within its Global Technology Services organization. This position will be based out of Raritan, NJ and will require up to 25% travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Emerging Technology Architect will lead one or more development teams providing the vision of the overall technical design for component(s) of the J&J Enterprise Agile Data Service (EADS) enterprise capability. He/ She will be responsible for architecture and design, hands-on coding, code reviews, code deployment and release management.
• Promote the adoption and the implementation of the EADS, partner with business IT stakeholders, in the areas of business case value identification and development; align technology to build capabilities for value realization and provide ongoing oversight coordination.
• Develop compelling value propositions of leveraging EADS that will enable J & J leaders to make strategic decisions and to operate as an information driven business based on collaboration with cross functional teams of business and IT, industry, solution and consulting experts.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the architecture team in the areas of technology 'white space' and opportunities to enable the enterprise to realize business value.
• Analyze business trends, information needs and technical requirements to develop blueprints, frameworks that outline solutions focusing on data management and analytics to achieve business objectives.
• Maintain technical proficiency with Data and Analytics capabilities that include: in-memory computing, data analytics, visualization, dashboards, business metrics, KPIs, reports, query building, search, predictive analytics, and master data management.
• Facilitate the development of next generations capabilities like semantic /ontology development, machine learning, auto-tagging and classification.
• Research complex data issues with business colleagues, propose alternatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of broad IT experience is required, preferably in a large, global organization.
• Sound understanding of big data solutions, capabilities and components and how technologies complement one other is required.
• Ability to prepare/provide value driven impact of solutions/technologies to influence the business and the financial proof of value of any solution/technology required.
• Understanding of advanced business analytics technologies and methods is required.
• Experience with cloud based services offering including but not limited to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure is required.
• Knowledge in Big Data technology stacks such as Pivotal Gemfire, AWS/EMR, Cloudera is required.
• Broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL data stores, data modeling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries is required.
• Experience with visualization tools such as Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, and Spotfire highly preferred.