What you’ll be doing...
The Employee Communications Manager develops and executes internal employee communications strategies and plans that engage, align and inspire wireless employees with Verizon’s overall strategy and the wireless market’s vision and business objectives. The successful candidate will focus on driving employees' understanding of the company’s and the wireless market’s business priorities and key initiatives, promoting a performance-based, engaged culture. Integrates company’s priorities with wireless market priorities to help employees understand where the business is going and how their role is critical to our success.
- Provides strategic counsel and guidance to wireless market senior leaders. Works closely with market leadership and market support functions, including retail sales, marketing, operations, finance, HR, IT and media relations/external communications. Develops traditional and next-gen leadership messaging, including emails, social posts, videos, blogs, etc. Creates opportunities to share market news and updates, key initiatives, business priorities and topics with employees.
- Provides strategic planning and wireless market support for employee programs supporting the market that influences culture change and drives results. Leads internal communications for key national, market and strategic initiatives, develops content and anchors messaging on our innovation, employee recognition, and strong customer focus with emphasis on front-line customer-facing teams, all to help meet and exceed company and market objectives, and enhance our culture.
- Creates effective and collaborative internal communications processes. Shares best practices across other wireless markets and the global Culture and Employee Communications team.
- Researches industry trends (e.g. through networking, benchmarking, industry publications and contacts) to determine new methods for information sharing, message delivery and employee engagement.
- Establishes and tracks results to gauge communications programs’ effectiveness, employee productivity, and organization performance.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in professional writing and leading communications plans and programs, including change communications, experience with intranets, marketing and employee communications.
- Experience leading or anchoring on-air interviews, live hosting events or serving as public speaker or brand ambassador, internally or externally.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience planning and executing events for senior executives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to drive change.
- Experience working with customer service, sales, marketing organizations.
- Exceptional writing, communications and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- A curiosity about our business, our industry and our most valuable asset – our people.
- Demonstrated Credo behaviors – focus on customers, teamwork, business knowledge, integrity, and support of our corporate values.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines and quickly changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, managing major projects with minimal direction.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Understanding and execution of being a team player, and the role technology plans in employee communications.
- Track record of being a quick learner, with the ability to translate functional/operational goals into team goals.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Creativity to develop communications so all employees clearly understand roles in serving customers.
- Ability to proactively draft, present and execute on communications plans.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with social, digital and next-gen communications platforms.
- Video experience, including ability to produce and be on-air personality.
- Comfortable in familiar as well as unfamiliar settings.
- A self-starter, who works well independently and with others.
- A problem-solver and an idea generator.
- Willingness and availability to travel around the market (and to other work locations, as needed) to meet and work with teams. Approx. 30% of time will be traveling.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.