What you’ll be doing...
Interested in helping re-found a cutting edge technology company ready to disrupt an industry and become the best of the business? At Verizon Telematics, our culture is the operating system that runs our success. Help us cultivate it into a competitive advantage, creating an exceptional experience that attracts and retains the very best talent. We know that our people matter the most when it comes to our success, so taking care of them is a top priority. Join the team that’s committed to making Verizon Telematics one of the best places to work in the world.
Our 3,500+ employees across 13 time zones worldwide have come together to form one team through a number of mergers, bringing the best of what made each company great to realize our purpose of guiding a connected world on the go. Maintaining open channels for employee feedback is a vital way we ensure we are on the right track to solidify our unified, winning culture and value we offer to our people as they build their careers. That’s where you come in. Help us raise the bar in our employee engagement and pulse surveys to equip our leaders with the insights necessary to hit the mark.
- You’re a spreadsheet whisperer, able to turn piles of data into a compelling, concise story suitable for a range of audiences including executives, managers, and all employees
- You are a wizard at identifying key insights, trends, outliers, and places to follow up with more input from mounds of qualitative and quantitative data
- Your love of infographics and other data visualization techniques make building them with speed and quality a breeze
- You know reports sitting on a shelf don’t do any good and actively seek out partners who can use the information in pursuit of making improvements
- You don’t shy away from uncertainty; you love to document the unknown to create concrete, repeatable processes
- Your prowess in managing logistics and keeping a zillion details organized is unmatched
- People might call you a perfectionist, but only because if we can’t get the easy things right, how can we get the hard stuff right?
- A consummate communicator with a passion for packaging well-aligned written, spoken and visual messages.
- An expert empathizer with a vast emotional intelligence, you build trusting relationships and inspire others to find a path forward when faced with obstacles
- Collaboration isn’t a buzzword to you, it’s a central tenant of how you get things done
- People trust you with their pets and children, or at least with confidential information and situations that require high degrees of accountability and dependability
- You’re the same person whether you’re at work or not, building trust through authenticity
- You set high standards for yourself to guarantee your growth
- You don’t take yourself too seriously, making sure people don’t confuse your confidence with ego, and have a great sense of humor
- You can tune into the needs and wants of our employees and understand that different departments, locations, or roles may need to be
- You’ve got a proven track record of making recommendations based on employee feedback to keep our diverse and global team happy, curious, and wanting more
- Your work ethic is focused and flexible and can handle change as fast our industry moves
- You understand your role as a calling that will transform your workplace
- Create and monitor cross-functional project plans to monitor progress against key objectives
- Work with internal stakeholders and vendor partners to manage the employee engagement survey process
- Develop a narrative to explain large data sets; create visualizations, Pivot Tables and VLookups
- Design complex surveys taking into consideration optimal question logic, format, and usability
- Develop methods to track the ROI of investments in culture, employee experience, and engagement programs
- Develop actionable insights from employee feedback, both formal and informal
- Maintain ongoing pulse on employee morale and engagement, continuously driving measures for improvement
- Participate in the design of a centrally-managed employee experience strategy that drives consistent best-in-class engagement opportunities for our global team
- Share bright spots, issues, trends, and recommendations to Employee Experience team to improve culture and employee experience
- Continuously evolve the way our leaders and employees work within and across teams
- Be a champion of our culture by demonstrating our values in action and helping others do the same
- Understand and manage cultural differences within newly acquired companies, preserving their success factors, while enhancing other aspects to achieve greater impact
- Rare travel to other sites (less than 5%)
What we’re looking for...
- Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 4-7 years of experience working in project management, employee engagement surveys, data analytics and visualization, process improvement, usability, or similar
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Data Sciences, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Management, Marketing, or similar field
- Experience aligning culture during mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Fluency in Portuguese, French, Italian, or Spanish desirable
- Experience working across company boundaries; functions well in ambiguous and complex environment
- Ability to quickly build relationships and diplomatically negotiate common approach
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually to achieve stated goals
- Expertise in Microsoft office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid data and statistical analysis skillset
- Proven record of success managing end-to-end projects, including tracking deadlines and budget
- Comfort with minor design coding requests within survey platforms or WordPress
- Skilled communications and design capabilities, both written and visual
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.