GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Employee Experience Specialist - North & Latin America
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Employee Experience specialist is responsible for supporting employee alignment and engagement in accordance with the GE Oil & Gas culture and business strategy by helping deliver contemporary, dynamic and informative communication programs which may include in-person, digital or virtual employee experiences.
In partnership with the Global Employee Experience Leader and the relevant product company and region communicators, the Employee Experience Specialist will drive the planning and organization of employee engagements for GE Oil & Gas in the North America and LATAM regions with a view to driving employee-centric communications. He/she will be responsible for driving the adoption of employee experience best practices across the region, as well as operational, implementation and post-initiative activities including measurement and adjustment of communication approaches and recommendations based on Return of Investment and Return of Effort metrics. This role requires an entrepreneurial and creative mindset with an ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders, as well as empathize and connect with employees at all levels of the organization and across multiple cultures.
This role reports into the Head of Culture Communications and partners closely with product company and region communications leadership as well as executive leadership of the business.
In the role of Employee Experience Specialist - North & Latin America, you will:
* Help deliver the essentials of employee engagement communication, supporting major change, helping people understand and focus on the strategic imperatives of GE Oil & Gas
* Oversee the overall employee experience - be it face to face, digital and/or virtual - driving an employee-centric approach
* Provide the appropriate toolkits and processes for leaders and their support staff to autonomously organize employee engagements that are consistent with the overall GE Oil & Gas employee experience
* Manage the employee experience operating rhythm calendar for GE Oil & Gas in the North America and LATAM regions working in close partnership with the Global Employee Experience Leader, product company and region communicators, and the extended Culture Communications team to drive a global line of sight
* Help cut through the noise by prioritizing and aligning the multiple employee engagement initiatives taking place across the assigned regions and that may overlap and drives the continuous modernization of employee experiences via digital, mobile, broadcast, online, print, and in-person channels to encourage meaningful conversations
* Segment and identifiy key employee audience groups in assigned regions of responsibility, ensuring to take into account local requirements and practices
* Foster and develop regional influencer cohorts and in partnership with HR supports affinity network culture initiatives as well as other change initiatives
* Bachelor's degree in communications or communications related field from an accredited university or college
* Minimum 5 years experience in communications in an international environment
* Ability and willingness to travel 10 - 15% of the time, across the regions to assess employee experience progress and help implement key employee experience initiatives that may require on-site support in partnership with Product Company and Region Communication Leaders
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Rigorous attention to detail
* Experience with employee communications in a global organization
* Experience in the development of brand building campaigns that involve employee activation
* Experience with managing and influencing senior executives
* Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
* Ability to work well with different cultures and build and foster a network with many constituents at several levels and in a matrix organization
* Clear thinker with ability to translate business goals into meaningful employee communications
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
* Broad knowledge of print, video and digital media technologies
* Understand the need and usage of qualitative and quantitative campaign reporting metrics and quickly adopts learning within the area
* Is passionate about communications as a driver for employee engagement and productivity
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.