Johnson & Johnson
Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Employee Relations/Labor
Relations Leader within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization.
The position will be based in Warsaw, Indiana.
Johnson & Johnson
Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the
businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a
consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized
end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson
& Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver
increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class
services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than
2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for
Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila,
Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Relations/Labor Relations Leader is responsible for delivering Employee
Relations and Labor Relations Services within a country or cluster of
- Manage assigned
operational activities to achieve target key performance indicators,
operational level agreements and service levels.
- Ensure timely and
compliant handling of all assigned Grievance and Discipline Requests and
provide advice and counsel to ER/LR Specialists.
- Support management
of Grievance and Discipline requests requiring higher level knowledge and
authority and/or interaction with 3rd
- Provide input and
guidance on Labor Relations Strategy, preparation & negotiation of CBA
within agreed parameters with BUHR, Business impact assessment, ad hoc
Labor Relations consulting including for major workforce events (M&A,
- Drives direct
interventions with Managers and employees on most sensitive cases and or
- Stay current on
country (countries) employment and labor practices. Ensure workplace
policies are current and in compliance with applicable local laws and
notify management of regulatory changes.
- Develop staff
capability, knowledge, skills and understanding of the country or
countries and Work Locations by organizing frequent functional/
operational training and knowledge sharing activities for members of the
environmental scans and participate in significant workplace events (such
as the planning and execution of RIF’s, M&A’s, etc. at the
- Understand the Key
Performance Indicators and operational metrics that are critical to
managing service delivery in order to achieve Service Level Agreements and
meet customer service standards.
recommendations on continuous improvement opportunities to enhance
provision of services by reviewing and providing feedback on operational
processes, policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions
and introduce key improvement plans for execution.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive HR experience with a concentration in Employee Relations, Labor Relations, and HR Generalist experience researching, investigating, and addressing employee misconduct and below job performance standards; providing guidance to management is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience is required.
- Experience working in a union environment is required.
- Strong leadership skills; operates as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences required.
- Proven success in establishing, managing and empowering a global virtual team preferred.
- Ability to establish a culture focused on speed, accountability and continuous improvement while building employee-centric repeatable and sustainable processes required.
- Relationship management, coaching and collaboration skills, with leaders at all levels and key stakeholders required.
- Experienced in shaping solutions and driving business results, with strong communication and collaborative partnership skills with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective execution of HR solutions across the enterprise required.
- Experience using Service Center technologies, ticket management, knowledge management, telephony / IVR, document management, etc. preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems and applications (e.g. ERP, HRIS, Applicant Management Systems, etc.) preferred.
- This position requires up to 25% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function