The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for receiving and partnering with key stakeholders to resolve consultant/technical professional complaints and/or grievances including receiving and investigating grievances. This role will provide recommendations and guidance to managers and employees, with focus on ensuring consistency, fair treatment to the employee and minimizing risk to the organization. Our culture is an employee -oriented, high performance culture which emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and ongoing development. This position provides high quality, proactive and professional day-to-day service to both internal and external customers and will be located at our Baltimore sales office. Responsibilities
Qualifications Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Provides employee relations counseling for two or more US regions in accordance with various regulations and human resource procedures including conflict resolution, progressive discipline, terminations and other employee matters. Partners with managers to provide guidance on personnel policies and employment law
- Conducts employee investigations for assigned regions
- Manages employee relations cases through to resolution documenting case notes in prescribed format.
- Trains and educates employees on human resources procedures, as necessary
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Periodically visits staffing/sales offices to build relationships with managers and employees
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Bachelor's degree. At least 1 year Human Resource experience in an employee relations or generalist capacity preferred.
- PHR Certification preferred
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with all levels of employees and leadership
- Working knowledge of employment laws (e.g. Title VII, ADA, FMLA, USERRA, FLSA, etc.)
- Strong background in customer service
- Ability to understand the business impact of employment law and HR policies and communicate HR recommendations in a consultative manner
The Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Strong presentation abilities and negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- Action oriented and able to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.