Praxair has an exciting opportunity available for an Employee Services Specialist to join our dynamic Human Resources team in Danbury, CT. This position provides support for inquiries related to HR policies and programs and benefits. An ability to learn quickly to gain an in-depth understanding of Praxair benefits and policies, and a willingness to quickly seek appropriate information and accurately respond, is critical. Demonstrated success in this position may lead to other roles in HR. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES :
- Interpret HR policies and programs while assisting and advising company employees and managers with related issues and questions
- Responsible for answering general employee benefit inquiries
- Provide support for inquiries following HR communications from any HR function
- Ensure that benefits information is distributed to/completed by employees
- Provide timely administrative support, sometimes high volume, for HR functions
- Partner closely with HR management to interpret employee inquiries to further develop HR communication strategies
- Work closely with Benefits Administration , Data Administration and Payroll to analyze, research and resolve any employee reported issues
- Will Work on HR Projects as assigned
- Associate's Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience preferred
- 5 years" of administrative or customer service support experience required. Experience in Human Resources a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and toggle between administrative tasks and high volume phone and e-mail inquiries
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and efficiency to follow-up while maintaining sensitivity and discretion
- Strong communication and telephone skills including listening and questioning skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong collaboration and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (phone lines open promptly at 8:00 am)
Overtime may be required
Please note that no vacation time can be taken during the annual Open Enrollment period (May)
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.