SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Contributes information to a licensed nurse assessment of the health status of Emergency/Chest Pain Center patients.
- Participates with the licensed nurse in the development and modification of the patient's plan of care, including pain management.
- Assists the healthcare team in implementation of plan of care and documents in chart from admission to discharge.
- Provides for patient safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform all patient record, transcription, Meditech, Logicare, ED Dashboard, and Security System activities. Uses Meditech software proficiently.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Maintains competence and effectiveness with EMS communications
- Anticipates needs of healthcare team to enhance patient flow. Insures appropriate test schedules and tracking of patient throughout the system.
- Maintains a well-stocked unit.
- Contributes to the growth and development of self
- and department. Maintains an active involvement
- Functions in an organized and timely manner.
High school graduate or GED equivalent. Successful completion of a Paramedic or Cardiac training course. Must have and maintain a EMS EMT-Paramedic, EMT-Cardiac, or EMT-Intermediate certification. BLS certification, Preferred: ACLS certification,
PALS certification; PHTLS, BTLS, or HAZMAT certification. Enrolled or pursing a nursing degree.
Previous ED or comparable experience. Preferred:
2 years field experience as a certified EMT-Paramedic, EMT-Cardiac, EMT-Intermediate.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom