SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Contributes information to a licensed nurse assessment of the health status of Emergency/Chest Pain Center patients.
- Participates with the licensed nurse in the development and modification of the patient's plan of care, including pain management.
- Assists the healthcare team in implementation of plan of care and documents in chart from admission to discharge.
- Provides for patient safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform all patient record, transcription, Meditech, Logicare, ED Dashboard, and Security System activities. Uses Meditech software proficiently.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Maintains competence and effectiveness with EMS communications
- Anticipates needs of healthcare team to enhance patient flow. Insures appropriate test schedules and tracking of patient throughout the system.
- Maintains a well-stocked unit.
- Contributes to the growth and development of self
- and department. Maintains an active involvement
- Functions in an organized and timely manner.
High school graduate or GED equivalent. Successful completion of a Paramedic or Cardiac training course. Must have and maintain a EMS EMT-Paramedic, EMT-Cardiac, or EMT-Intermediate certification. BLS certification, Preferred: ACLS certification,
PALS certification; PHTLS, BTLS, or HAZMAT certification. Enrolled or pursing a nursing degree.
Previous ED or comparable experience. Preferred:
2 years field experience as a certified EMT-Paramedic, EMT-Cardiac, EMT-Intermediate.