Current Florida EMT or Paramedic certification Required
Typical Hours: Four 9 hour shifts (36 hrs/wk) Rotating every other weekend
The Transfer Center Communications Specialist is responsible for coordination of patients to an appropriate HCA hospital through IP and ED transfers and Direct Admissions. Working in collaboration with the RN Communication Specialist, acts as a resource for all interfacility transfers. Utilizes computer technology to facilitate multi-faceted communications. Applies medical knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for transfer facilitation, communication, and documentation. Essential Core Functions:
#TalentLivesHere Qualifications: Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- Responsible for facilitating and tracking all hospital transfers, as well as transports when the discharge coordinator is unavailable.
- Communicates with physicians and their offices and outlying facilities if bed placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Uses problem-solving skills, combined with established department processes to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with other team members as required to develop and implement the plan of care.
- Assists in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services and special programs.
- Provides assistance in maintaining accurate database of information.
- Exhibits excellent customer relationship skills, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center's customer groups, i.e., physicians and their office staffs, callers, fellow employees, etc.
- Deals effectively with dissatisfied customers.
- Confidentiality is maintained in sensitive situations or when dealing with classified materials.
Current FL EMT or National Registry certification required.
High school diploma or GED equivalency. Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
Must have an understanding of EMTALA in order to identify possible issues or violations.
Must have some understanding of medical terminology.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary.
Ability to self manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action as well as ability to function calmly and multitask in a high volume call center under stressful situations.
Basic typing and personal computer skills.
Positive, enthusiastic, customer service oriented personality.
Knowledge of basic hospital services.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom