Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
Emergency Medical Technicians-Basic (EMT-B) respond to emergencies to provide efficient and immediate care to the ill and injured. Essential Functions: Duties include but are not limited to:
The EMT is responsible for all aspects of care provided to the sick and injured. The EMT provides basic life support, including patient assessment, airway management, use of the automatic defibrillator and assisting patients with taking some of their own medications. The EMT must understand all applicable legal, moral and ethical issues surrounding emergency medical service. The EMT must be dedicated to continued learning through maintenance of licensures and certifications.
The EMT must be confident and accept the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position. The EMT must have excellent judgment, be able to prioritize decisions and act quickly in the best interest of the patient. They must be able to function at an optimum level in a non-structured environment that is constantly changing. The EMT must be able to remain calm while working in difficult and stressful situations, and stay focused while carrying out the functions of the position. Good judgment is essential, along with knowledge and technical skills. The EMT must possess excellent verbal communication skills and be capable of adapting to situations with violence and emotional instability in multicultural settings. The EMT must possess critical reasoning skills and be capable of applying them effectively in stressful situations. Self motivation is essential.
If needed, the EMT-B radios the toll gate for additional help from an ambulance service.
- functions in uncommon situations;
- has a basic understanding of stress response and methods to ensure personal well-being;
- understands basic medical-legal principles;
- functions within the scope of care as defined by Aramark/client regulations; as well as, state, regional and local regulatory agencies.
- complies with regulations on the handling of the patients, notifies management authorities
The EMT-B is responsible for:
After each medical, the EMT-B:
- continuing emergency medical care while en route to meeting the ambulance and administers additional care as indicated or directed by medical control,
- assists in lifting and carrying the patient out of the ranger vehicle and into the receiving medical ambulance
- reports verbally and in writing, their observation and emergency medical care of the patient at the emergency scene and in transit, to the receiving medical facility staff for purposes of records
- upon request provides assistance to the receiving medical ambulance.
- restocks and replaces used supplies,
- cleans all equipment following appropriate disinfecting procedures,
- makes careful check of all equipment so that the EMT room is ready for the next patient
- Must posses EMT-B certification
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.