New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
5 to 7 years’ experience closely partnering and working with Test Leads, Test data and environment lead across the organization.
- The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for ensuring end-to-end testing is properly planned and executed for changes that potentially impact up-stream and down-stream systems.
- Designs and develops End to End Test Strategy, Plan and drive execution in assigned key initiatives in application space and/or infrastructure space
- Identification of end to end test requirements, analysis of existing scenarios, understanding the dataflows between the systems and interfaces to end point, design and develop the new end to end scenarios for identified systems that have cross-organizational impact
- Facilitates and coordinates the testing associated with large infrastructure changes
- Supports Testers in defining application and integration test scenarios and preparing test scripts and data associated with end-to-end testing
- Executes tests to compare results with requirements, verifies test requirements, readiness, and identifies defects
- Facilitates the resolution of defect(s) identified from end-to-end test execution
- Close partnership with Test data and Test environment leads to ensure right environments and test data
- Actively engage in modernization initiatives and digital transformation programs in identifying the global end to end scenarios and constantly mature e2e process
- Ensures key testing deliverables are consistent and compliant with CoE standards
- Supports Release Coordinator by contributing to and reviewing release approach
- Supports Project Manager to establish project baseline (schedule) by providing testing inputs
- Carrying out detailed planning and scheduling to ensure seamless delivery of the project as per the delivery matrix. Liaise with the team members and other leaders to maintain a continuous stream of information regarding the project status and progress
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates expert level of skills in establishing and executing end to end testing in Agile Methodology, CI/CD enabled environment
- Ability to define test strategies and approaches
- Experience testing upstream and downstream applications a must
- Strong system integration testing and/or interface testing experience
- Experience in managing model office (or pre-production) environment a plus
- Ability to analyses complex cross system workflow and associated dataflows
- Ability to understand cross-domains, associated impacts of various changes and ensuring adequate test coverage from an end-to-end perspective
- Expertise or proficiency in testing and defect management tools like HP Quality Center (HP ALM), CA Agile Central (Rally) and JIRA
- Knowledge on API Testing using virtualization tools like CA LISA Service Virtualization, SOAP UI is a plus
- Knowledge and experience on infrastructure changes is a big plus
- Experience on validating the JCLs and Mainframe Screens
- Experience working with on-shore and off-shore resources both from a staff augmentation and managed services arrangement
- Excellent communication skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.