GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Global Technical Trainer and Instructional Designer will be part of a global technical training team within the GE Digital Business, developing curriculum and delivering online and onsite training to employees company wide on Digital Workplace solutions, collaboration and productivity software.
1. Technical Trainer will work in a fast paced, highly flexible team environment. Candidates must have proven advanced training skills working with technical applications in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to interact with employees and senior staff members from various functions and businesses across GE.
2. Technical Trainer will lead group and individual training classes, webinars, and digital workplace coaching sessions for employees ranging from single contributors to senior leaders.
3. Assists with the operations, marketing, planning, coordination, administration and delivery of technical training programs across all GE businesses globally.
4. Designs interactive online learning modules and videos using scripting, animation and authoring tools and strategies. Creates instructional and promotional videos and video blogs for internal company content marketing of digital workplace technologies.
5. Project management of a matrixed global team and project team consisting of learning and development, information technology, communications and marketing functions.
6. Oversees the course development process end-to-end from concept through localization and launch. Conduct course beta tests with target audiences. Improves, updates, simplifies existing training content.
7. Research and analyze the needs of students, business leaders, support staff and other stakeholders to determine the knowledge, skills and abilities that should be trained and certified.
8. Build, maintain and support training dashboards and reporting requirements including NPS quality assurance reviews. Provide monthly updates on key metrics showing progress and status of success initiatives.
9. Ensure the highest level of service by eﬀectively managing vendor training groups and supporting students and trainers.
10. Implement and maintain communications with leadership, stakeholders, partners and students. Manage and promote the benefits associated with the training program.
11. Research and analyze new trends in technical training, learning and development, certification and accreditation programs and bring new ideas to management.
+ Experienced classroom instructor with 2+ years teaching experience in business setting.
+ Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in instructional design and/or MBA a plus.
+ 3-5 years of instructional design experience.
+ Demonstrated skill, knowledge and experience in the analysis, development and delivery of technical training.
+ Strong instructional design background, coordinating with Subject Matter Experts, writers, instructors and software development teams to develop curriculum and deliver training programs.
+ Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all levels of the organizational matrix.
+ Experience developing eLearning content and instructional and/or promotional videos with one or more of the following Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Storyline, and/or Camtasia Studio.
+ Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel applications.
+ Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts clearly. Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
+ Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects while implementing integrated, pragmatic solutions in a fast-paced environment.
+ Must be able to travel 40%+ of the time.
+ Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment juggling and executing on multiple priorities
+ Experience building, delivering and monitoring successful technical training programs that included a solution/value selling framework, productivity enablement tool kits and effective metrics and reinforcement that changed workplace productivity and improved outcomes
+ Marketing experience strongly desired.
+ Knowledge of broader GE strategies and priorities
+ Familiarity with individual GE business' products, strategy and priorities
+ Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System.
+ Expert level user of the Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Storyline, and/or Camtasia Studio.
+ Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard preferred.
+ Bachelor's or Masters degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar.
+ Leadership/coaching and classroom teaching experience strongly preferred.
+ Web-based training experience strongly preferred.
Locations: United States ; Florida; MiamiGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.