HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
• Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI/Endoscopy technician in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization/disinfection of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of high disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests, test strips quality controls, and completes log, as per facility policies).
• Proficient in the care, handling, and disinfection of all endoscopes and accessories.
• Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
• Verifies proper functioning of equipment prior to procedure. Report malfunctioning equipment immediately to nurse manager.
• Utilizes good customer service while interacting with patient, family and physicians. Keeps patient and family informed on a timely basis.
• Utilizes appropriate patient identifiers prior to all interventions.
• Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
• Proficient in the care, handling and disinfection of all endoscopes and accessories.
• Practices Standard Precautions.
• Cleans GI treatment rooms between procedures and prepares rooms for next case.
• Demonstrates appropriate aseptic techniques as indicated by interventions (hand hygiene, and equipment preparation).
• Maintains patient privacy, comfort, and safety throughout the stay i.e. bed rails up, brakes on stretchers, positioning, etc.
• Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients and stretchers to prevent injury to patient and self.
• Assists in the maintenance, care and labeling of specimens. Identifies specimen with surgeon and passes specimen to the circulating RN.
• Assists the R.N. and/or physician as needed.
• Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a calm and controlled manner.
• Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous materials/wastes.
• Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets while utilizing facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
• Checks for outdated sterile supplies and instruments and assists with reprocessing as needed.
• Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
• Spends appropriate time and energy on tasks and assignments based on the policies that are supportive of the Center's goals and objectives.
• Functions independently according to job responsibilities and within scope of practice utilizing current standards of care.
• Takes personal initiative to maintain current BCLS, and other required certification (if indicated) current as defined by job role.
• Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
• Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings, and participates in emergency drills.
• Participates in the orientation of new employees.
• Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
• Maintains confidentiality of records and patient information at all times.
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
• While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
• Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program preferred.
• One year acute care experience; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
• Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom