Eastside Medical Center
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside
is seeking a PRN Endoscopy Tech. ***Willing to work at least one shift a week; 7a-3p. Participate in call rotation. Week nights 3p-7a. Weekends 7a-7a.*** Position Responsibilities:
Department Specific Criteria:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment.
- Assists co-workers to meet patient care needs.
- Demonstrates competency, as appropriate to responsibilities, in the knowledge of the prevention of contamination and transfer of infection and safety policies.
- Performs proper scrub according to policy.
- Prepares instrumentation according to physician's preference cards and scheduled procedure
- Demonstrates competency in the effective and safe use of all equipment.
- Demonstrates proper use of instruments, equipment and endoscopic devises.
- Saves and properly identifies all specimens according to department policy and procedure.
- Follow department policy for proper use of personal protective equipment during procedures.
- Prepares and properly disposes of sharps, blood, and waste according to policy and procedure.
- Performs as preceptor as assigned.
- Assists in preparing the endoscopy suite and performs assigned support duties during endoscopic procedures.
- Checks all instruments for workability prior to usage, displaying knowledge of instruments and equipment.
- Readies all positioning devices deemed necessary by procedure, surgeon preference and patient pre-operative assessment.
- Secures all necessary x-rays when appropriate.
- Shares responsibility for patient's safety at all times.
- Maintains an environment that is free of obstacles and hazards that could result in injuries to personnel and patients.
- Assists with positioning of patient, provides protection for pressure points, and keeps body parts in proper alignment.
- Assures that the procedure information is documented on the procedural cards for future reference according to policy and procedure.
- Checks endoscopes for air leaks
- Reports any equipment malfunction to Clinical Coordinator
- Maintains logs for daily monitoring of strips and solution changes
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program OR
- Georgia Nurse's Aide Certification OR
- Student Nurse who is currently enrolled in Nursing School and has completed Nursing Fundamentals AND Anatomy and Physiology I & II required
- Minimum one (1) year previous technician experience
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom