Endoscopy Technician (PRN, As Needed)
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Houston, Texas
Posted: November 22, 2017
Reference ID: 26925-86821
Park Plaza Medical Center - Houston, Texas Endoscopy Technician - Endoscopy Responsibilities:
- The Endoscopy Technician has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital to be the most comprehensive, cost effective provider of quality healthcare services.
- The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for assisting with routine patient care assignments, working in controlled and/or uncontrolled patient care situations, assisting with/in established nursing care procedures, and assisting in therapeutic, rehabilitative, and preventive activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant/child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- The Endoscopy Technician assists the RN application of the nursing knowledge and principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for assisting the RN with patient movement, clerical functions and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Formal training as operating room technician or Endoscopy Technician preferred.
- One or more years recent clinical experience as Operating Room Technician or Endoscopy Technician preferred.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association required.