Individuals within the Endpoint Support role are primarily responsible for operational support of endpoint devices used within the organization. In order to provide optimum services and solutions, these individuals partner with end user device engineers to understand user needs, resolve problems, and implement/support approved technical solutions.
These individuals provide initial setups and support of endpoint devices. They troubleshoot IT-related problems and provide input/recommendations to endpoint hardware and software technologies. Endpoint Support staff members support all policies, procedures, and standards for delivery and implementation. They may also perform a wide host of general management and administrative responsibilities.
Individuals in this role require troubleshooting and customer service skills. They are organized, thorough, and have great attention to detail. This role also requires the ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
This associate will provide basic maintenance and support for endpoint devices. They will work on one or more projects/work initiatives/tasks concurrently as a team member, and work under general guidance from senior members. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Works with team lead or senior team members to understand user's Endpoint Support requirements.
- Documents requirements.
- Provides input during short-term Endpoint Support project/task planning efforts with team members.
- Documents discussion and agreements.
- Participates in the deployment of new or upgraded images, software and hardware for multiple endpoints.
- Configures and installs desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices.
- Follows established procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Performs repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Submits or updates configuration items within management tools.
- May participate in the unit testing for new deployments or new components and remediates problems.
- Provides feedback on new software performance and testing.
- Participates with Level 2 issue assessment and resolutions of problems.
- Diagnoses and resolves endpoint and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Provides technical support to meetings that include video conferencing.
- Documents solutions to common problems and responses for frequently asked questions.
- Implements contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures, as needed.
- May participate in R&D POC efforts.
- May provide recommendations per customer feedback.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and standards.
- Supports IT inventory/asset management processes
- May provide on-the-spot training to end users.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science, certifications or equivalent work experience. Typically has 1-3 years in functional position or related work experience, education or training. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- General knowledge of commonly used applications and programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, alternate browsers.
- Working knowledge of latest operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support wireless and wired connectivity.
- Knowledgeable in the building, imaging and setup of new device deployments.
- Customer Service oriented, and capable of comfortably working in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP network protocols and services.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.