PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide hands on support in the maintenance, repair and replacement of Heating Ventilation & Air conditioning equipment, maintaining and repairing Direct Digital Controls components associated with the above mentioned HVAC systems, maintaining, modifying and debugging control systems DDC program applications
- Assist mechanical systems reps in resolving issues directly or indirectly related to HVAC equipment performance.
- Perform a work task in a timely manner and maintain an accurate account of the process used in completing the job task or to formulate a resolution to complete a job task.
- Work in accordance with Government and Company safety rules, regulations, and policies
- Communicate with Managers, Supervisors, Service Operations, Clients, and Team Members in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
- Work independently, and manage time accordingly to meet project timelines.
- Manage multiple projects, customers, and timelines.
- Work within a fast paced environment and accept the challenges it brings.
- Work in support of sales, engineering, operations/maintenance, and measurement/verification group environments to assist in meeting project goals.
- High school diploma required
- 5-7 years’ experience in building automation; Manufacture's training on Honeywell, Johnson Controls or LON/BacNet systems preferred.
- Knowledge in the use of a Operator Work Station, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Siemens, Trane Tracer or any other vendors workstation.
- Must have basic Knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems
- Must be capable of identifying components associated with HVAC equipment.
- Should be familiar with building automation systems operations and components. I.e. temperature sensors, electric/electronic actuators, variable speed drives and associated electronic devices.
- Must be capable of evaluating a HVAC systems layout, i.e. duct work, air flow path, mechanical operator functions.
- Must be capable of performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance task on installed controls equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license
Must be willing to work after hours in response to company service calls as needed
Capable of lifting 50 pounds
Must be willing to work anywhere within the Washington, Virginia, Baltimore metropolitan areas
A little about us:
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.