GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Energy Management Platform (EMP) Technical Lead
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The EMP Technical Lead drives the overall EMP product architecture by ensuring new product development activities consider Operations deliveries constraints (such as performance, installation, compatibility matrix with other GE and non GE software. This role will also works with the EMP Test Lead to help define testing strategy considering technical and business risks in order to improve product quality and decrease support costs.
* Drive the overall EMP product architecture.
* Ensure synchronization between the applications (Simulation
/ Generation / Network / Load Forecast) Leads and Operations in regards with
Deliveries constraints so that new development activities account for those
constraints. Lead discussion / decision making process and document decisions
* Drive the architecture review of new product development
* Help troubleshooting integration issues / technical issues /
* Execute performance testing and review results / provide
inputs / solutions to improve performance.
* Assist the Test Lead in defining and executing test strategy
* Work with the application leads and the test lead to
identify regression risks and propose appropriate testing strategy to mitigate
* Work with the application leads and the test lead to define
new test cases for new features (including test cases in regards with
installation / performance / other deliveries constraints).
* Help supplying testing environment and testing data.
* Follow-up testing progress.
* Support EMP Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
* Work with EMP Project Integrator to document and improve
performance and reliability of EMP CI / CD environments
* Take ownership of product packaging and delivery for full
releases, service packs and patches.
* Bachelor's Degree in computer sciences or Electrical
* 5+ years' experience in a Project Engineering position
(preferred in EMS solutions)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may
agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if
there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills / experienced
in troubleshooting software issues
* Working knowledge of application architecture,
infrastructure and security concepts and technical implementation
* Working knowledge of Continuous Integration Platforms (Jenkins)
* Working knowledge for tests automation
* Good knowledge of existing GE solutions
* Ability to work across organizations
* Ability to influence cross functional teams that include
architects, analysts, developers and QA analysts
* Ability to articulate ideas, using facts and data, for
solutions to both technical and business communities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadline
* Ability to learn and incorporate new technologies, concepts
and development languages
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.