Energy Services Driver - $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
Waste Management needs more professional drivers to steer its 18,000 trucks. There aren't many jobs bigger. It requires teamwork, responsibility and the commitment to get the job done - the kind of skills you can bring.
We offer :
- A $1,000 Sign-On Bonus with weekly pay !
- Local Routes that have you home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
- An opportunity to Grow your Career with a truly Green company (over half of all managers worked as Drivers )!
- Industry leading Health Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Programs and more!
We're looking for :
- A Valid Class A CDL with Tanker, Doubles, and air brakes endorsements and be at least 21 years of age.
- 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent driving within the last 7 years.
- Heavy Haul experience ( Dump Truck, Concrete/Mix Truck, Grain Hauler ) Oil Field experience strongly preferred.
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Experience with hydraulic systems and manual transmissions (10 speed) also needed.
- Responsible for safely hauling materials that may require navigation through congested and confined areas in rural locations.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Manager.
- Works closely with Managers to improve efficiency and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that may arise.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Manager.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows driving assignments throughout the day and completes all required documentation.
it's time to get into a stable and rewarding career that has you home daily and helps protect the environment! Come Join Us for the Ride
About Waste Management
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.