With direction from direct manager and senior engineers, participates as a member of the engineering team to achieve department and project objectives. Contributes asset / utility data collection, process or financial task calculations, and other energy / operational performance engineering modeling during both design and performance management phases. Supports the team in achieving business goals by adhering to the Solutions Playbook and Best Business Practices methodology. Responsible for completing assigned tasks on time and within estimated budget.
1. With assistance from senior Engineers, works with outside partner(s) & operation's team to complete a technical / process evaluation and build both a preliminary and detailed energy savings model, financial model (ROI) scope of work for assigned scope as well as complete baseline analysis for assigned post construction projects.
2. Assists in preparing proposals M&V reports and other customer communication documents as needed.
3. Assists in development of customer baselines or benchmarks as needed.
4. Performs on-site data collection at customer facilities required to perform solution design or detailed development tasks.
5. Assists in developing presentations as required.
6. Ensures project information & other data are properly stored within Solutions Architect Tool set.
7. Fully Utilizes the Solutions Playbook, SOLAR toolset as well as other standard JCI development processes and tools in performing tasks.
8. Responsible for remaining current with relevant engineering or design standards and practices.
9. May provide post-contract design review support.
10. Active participation in relevant professional organizations.
11. Works to secure and maintain relevant professional certifications and licenses (e.g., Professional Engineering license).
12. Responsible for the promotion and adherence of JCI safety policies.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or energy technology or related field as appropriate. 0-3 years experience in designing / selling building systems, energy modeling, construction or facility management. Undergrad experience performing building modeling preferred (example IAC program) Possesses strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with small projects. Demonstrates a strong understanding of basic engineering, operational processes, & financial concepts. Works effectively in team settings and displays leadership potential. Has good written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations. Solid computer skills, including an understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project. Ability to travel approximately 30%.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.