What you will do
Under general direction, participates as a part of the Development Team to achieve department and project objectives on large projects. Leads engineering, process or financial tasks during both preliminary & detailed development phases of projects. Supports the team in achieving business goals by following the Solutions Playbook and Best Business Practices methodology. Performs high level analysis, promotes project quality and innovative scope to support closing bundled Performance Contract sales. Supports engineering, process or financial tasks during solution design or during detailed development on large complex projects. Responsible to establish an ongoing partnership with the customer on assigned projects. Leads and mentors Development Engineer I personnel.
How will you do it
What we look forRequired
- Provides technical, process or financial support to the Development team lead and/or Solutions Design Specialist during the design process. Assists as needed in developing the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
- Leads preliminary data collection, auditing and modeling efforts for assigned opportunities. Leads or supports detailed development of projects up to $20 million in total scope. Validates assumptions made during solution design. Builds a detailed development budget and schedule. Works with operations team and outside partners to develop project estimate and scope of work, as well as energy savings and financial models (ROI). Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents. Utilizes specialized functional expertise as a development team member. Acts as domain expert for at least one functional domain.
- Understands the full range of JCI offerings and their applications in customer solutions. Devises multiple offerings to meet specific program requirements as identified by the Solutions Design Specialist.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development of multiple components of the bundled sale.
- Performs detailed engineering or financial analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits. Assists in technical or financial benchmarking as needed. Leads in the development of customer baselines.
- Provides risk analysis for the complete solution.
- Presents to technical buyer as required. Assists in presentations to economic buyers or C-level clients.
- Participates in transition meetings with Operations to ensure project scope and objectives, timeline and customer requirements are properly understood.
- Responsibility for creating and managing budgets, timelines, and quality of assigned opportunities.
- Utilizes document management tools and standard JCI development processes to perform tasks. Will mentor others to maintain high quality work flow and compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and vendors as well as customer facility technical managers.
- Responsible for remaining current with relevant engineering or design standards and practices.
- Mentors less experienced Program Development staff.
- Provide post-contract design review support.
- Actively participates in relevant professional organizations, takes on leads roles within those organizations.
- Maintains relevant professional certifications and licenses (e.g., Professional Engineering license).
- Responsible for the promotion and adherence
- of JCI safety policies
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Minimum of six years experience in designing / selling building systems, energy modeling, construction or facility management.
- Experience in performing building modeling preferred, CEM Certification required, LEED AP preferred. Function-specific licenses or certifications preferred (e.g., Professional Engineering license for engineering-related roles, etc.)
- Masters in Engineering, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert (SME) in a minimum of 10 Facility Improvement Measures required.
- Demonstrated vertical market expertise required.
- Possesses strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with development of projects.
- Fully competent in analysis and assessment of facility systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams, work effectively with others, drive for results, and focus on the customer, and acts ethically.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations.
- Solid computer skills, including an understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Solutions Architect, Whole Building Modeling and energy benchmarking tools.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.