Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for participating in project teams, researching technical
topics related to Company operations, new product implementation,
assisting with existing products and services, and the overall upkeep
and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Performs event
correlation and identifies probable root cause; provides trouble
isolation, basic troubleshooting, and break/fix activities.
- Collects and organizes technical data related to assigned projects.
Presents data and findings for review at the next level of engineering
- Reads and analyzes technical references and sources to obtain
knowledge of assigned Engineering Operations topics. Identifies common
operational and technical problems with standard solutions. Escalates
more complex issues to senior Operations Engineers.
- Leads operational readiness testing. Resolves basic issues uncovered
during testing and escalates issues to engage appropriate resources.
- Identifies potential instrumentation, automation, and standardization
required for successful implementation of projects or continued
stabilization of deployed products.
- Works towards industry standard certifications and education.
- Works with peer operational teams on project implementation.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer